New to Sea Fishing

kai dog

Hi all,

Im looking to buy some Sea fishing gear, but as i have only ever carp and fly fished, i am not very sure on what basics i need to get started(rigs etc). I would also like any advice on what rod and reels people would recommend.

Any advice would be gratefully received. :thumbs:

Cheers!

Ooops!

I've changed that now ...

crimps for attaching beads/swivels/clips on your traces.

B)

Cheers for that fella, big help.

What about which make and model rod and reel to go for? I dont want to break the bank though! Any one got any ideas? :huh:

Thanks again.

What about which make and model rod and reel to go for? I dont want to break the bank though!

Ask 100 anglers and get 100 different opinions!

Decide if you want to manage a multiplier for casting (recommended) or a fixed spool (perfectly good choice, and simpler to use). Both need to be set up correctly.

The big names make good 'intermediate' rods ... basically look at 12' + and capable of casting 4 - 6oz of lead ....

get Sea Angler or Total Sea Fishing magazine and look through the ads. You get what you pay for and you're looking at a min. £150 for a reasonable rod and reel.

I happen to like Jules' products - the 6 and bait is a quality product for just over a 100 notes.

http://www.anyfishanywhere.com/

Daiwa, Penn and ABU make good medium price rods and reels.

Good luck.

:rolleyes:

i must agree with the list of what you need but i dont think you need to spend a minimum of 150 as i have a great shakespeare beachcaster multiplier rod and penn 535 reel and these both added together only cost about 70 pound the rod was worth 90 but on on jims.com you can get these from as little as 15 - 40 pounds and as for the reel get a bargain on ebay of maybe an bu 7000 or a penn 525 , 535 (for heavier stuff) i caught mine upfor a nice 38 + postage

:D

i must agree with the list of what you need but i dont think you need to spend a minimum of 150 as i have a great shakespeare beachcaster multiplier rod and penn 535 reel and these both added together only cost about 70 pound the rod was worth 90 but on on jims.com you can get these from as little as 15 - 40 pounds and as for the reel get a bargain on ebay of maybe an bu 7000 or a penn 525 , 535 (for heavier stuff) i caught mine upfor a nice 38 + postage

:D

Cheers for that, i will have a look! :thumbs:

Hi all,

Im looking to buy some Sea fishing gear, but as i have only ever carp and fly fished, i am not very sure on what basics i need to get started(rigs etc). I would also like any advice on what rod and reels people would recommend.

Any advice would be gratefully received. :thumbs:

Cheers!

Hi Kai dog

Before being able to make sugestions and recomendations It would be benificial to tell us what branch of our sport you were thinking of trying ie boat or shore fishing or even pier and jetty fishing!!

All are different, also, what part of the country would you be targeting!!

Best of luck in the sport

Paddy W

Hi Kai dog

Before being able to make sugestions and recomendations It would be benificial to tell us what branch of our sport you were thinking of trying ie boat or shore fishing or even pier and jetty fishing!!

All are different, also, what part of the country would you be targeting!!

Best of luck in the sport

Paddy W

Hi

Erm, probably beach or pier fishing i expect, doubt if i will be doing any boat fishing though. I will be fishing Newport, Cardiff, maybe Swansea area.

Cheers.

Hi

Erm, probably beach or pier fishing i expect, doubt if i will be doing any boat fishing though. I will be fishing Newport, Cardiff, maybe Swansea area.

Cheers.

Hi

thanks for prompt reply.

Now we know the type of fishing and the areas we need to address we are all in a better possition to assist you.

I for my part can be of little help from here on in, my particular field of folly is Boat Angling, I used to fish beaches in the hay day of Spern, Paul, Sammy's Point and such hot spots 30 years ago.

Now a days I fish the West of Ireland by boat and Whitby off shore with modest success.

Best Wishes in your persuites

Paddy w