PISCES update

oddity

For anyone interested in the PISCES group, you may have read the the Country Land and Business association gave PISCES a grant for £500 over a month ago. Since then, we applied for the Yorkshire Evening Post Community Cash Giveaway, and got it! We are going to the presentation event in just over a week, and thats when we find out how much we are getting. We are hopeful, as we applied for £5000. This means that PISCES will be developing very quickly over the coming months. Exciting and scary, with a load more work to do.

Also, after Mark's funeral on Friday, we were given the collection from the funeral, totalling an impressive £100. We will use this to ensure that we have the right equipment to get as many people fishing as possible.

One problem we do have, as we are looking to be a registered charity by the next financial year, we need a qualified accountant to look over our books every year before we submit them to the Charities Commission. If there is anyone willing and able to fill this roll, please let me know, your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again to everyone who has helped and encouraged us, PISCES is finally getting some of the recognition and support it needs to continue. There are more ideas being looked at and discussed, I will keep you informed of any further developments.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we picked up some money, not as much as we were expecting though. £850 helps us a lot though, and we are still making applications all over the place to secure enough funding to ensure we can continue with our work.

I memory of Mark, we have decided to have a PISCES match in August for the Mark Bland Memorial Trophy. Entry will be the usuall £7, prizes are dependant on other peoples generosity!

Again, thanks to all who have helped us, we are growing by the day!