intrepids wanted

Guest chesters1

Guest chesters1

still trying to track a regent deluxe down,there seems to be 3 ,a regent ,prince regent and maybe a regent deluxe ,also found a consort at a fair ,which seems to be a diplomat clone but at silly money so i left it there,

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry thats what i wanted to know the difference with the "Regent" and the "Regent deluxe" like Alan said i've got a Regent in the red plastic box alas only one spool but there's no reference to it being a deluxe,

------------------

teepee

I was thinking about possible sources of info on Intrepids and it occurred to me that as Shakespeare use the Intrepid name on some of their products perhaps this means that they bought-out K.P.Morritt. It may therefore be worth dropping a line to Shakespeare asking if they have any historical info on K.P.Morritt.

Guest chesters1

the shakespear co when contacted haddnt heard of morrit ??????? there were a couple of intrepid owners before them ,gladding for 1 ,it seems morritt was just the creator ,other firms used the name i suppose the tradename was famouse enough to carry on long after morritt.

Originally posted by Alan Roe:

Ref the pic by the mid/late 60s they did a regent that had two spools and came in a red plastic box I'm sure though that it was a Regent delux....

spot on Alan, as you said in our phone call the Regent i've got in the red plastic box as got a different bale arm with a real working line roller, (Regent De-luxe may be) unlike the one in chesters1 photo!

------------------

teepee

Guest chesters1

trad anglings page is sorely out of date ,have sent a wishlist to them (have dealt with them before) the surfcast i have ,but am looking for a cresta.

Guest chesters1

Teepee ,cheque in post for junior (this morning )sorry for delay ,would be interested in picture of regent with roller if poss.

Originally posted by chesters1:

Teepee ,cheque in post for junior (this morning )sorry for delay ,would be interested in picture of regent with roller if poss.

Hi,chesters, sorry i'm not geared to do a pic. not yet anyway,going to get sorted with a digi/camera within the next month,if you can't wait i'll send it to you to have look!

------------------

teepee