SOLD - Witcher Avon Elite, Number 47

MikeT

:D

I would love such an item Mike but I think it would be slightly out of my price range..........especially now you've got two of AN's "Pin Moguls" into a bidding war! ;) May the best man (or should that be biggest wallet?) win!

That's regrettable to me, as both are such decent chaps, although, of course, nobody's pointing a gun at either of them. I fear it would only be worse if I put it on eBay or through an auction house- it's a terribly desirable reel.

I've taken some photos, but forgot to bring the cable to work, so I'll upload them later.

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

Photos of the Avon Elite. Sorry if they're of poor quality, or too big- I took them with my mobile.

AE47c.jpg

AE47b.jpg

AE47a.jpg

AE47d.jpg

I think the little black dots are fluff from the pouch.

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

That's regrettable to me, as both are such decent chaps,

Definately Mike.............maybe you should do a King Solomon and cut the reel in half? :rolleyes::o Or "rent" it to them both for 6 months of the year each? :D

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Added these. The first for scale, although it makes my hand look tiny, so that didn't work.

AE47e.jpg

AE47f.jpg

Edited by MikeT

Definately Mike.............maybe you should do a King Solomon and cut the reel in half? :rolleyes::o Or "rent" it to them both for 6 months of the year each? :D

Well the issue has been resolved without the need for a bidding war. I came up with what I thought was a cunning plan to secure Mike’s Bisterne reel as well. It just isn’t for sale and no amount of cunning (or folding) will prise it from Mike’s hands.

Whilst the Avon looks great and would be lovely to own I doubt I’d use it as often as it should be used, my preference is for wide drum reels so I’ll take a back seat and watch with interest.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I have two wonderful young sons, the apples of my eye, whom I hope to introduce to the delights of angling when they're old enough to appreciate it properly. If they demonstrate and prove a proper affinity and respect for our noble art, and devote their lifetimes to a true philosophical appreciation of being at one with riverbank and water, I’m damned if I’ll leave my Bisterne to either of them when I die. It’s mine, all mine, and it’ll be buried with me.

I have two wonderful young sons, the apples of my eye, whom I hope to introduce to the delights of angling when they're old enough to appreciate it properly. If they demonstrate and prove a proper affinity and respect for our noble art, and devote their lifetimes to a true philosophical appreciation of being at one with riverbank and water, I’m damned if I’ll leave my Bisterne to either of them when I die. It’s mine, all mine, and it’ll be buried with me.

:lol:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

SOLD