New Yak

Guest Flybynight

Guest Flybynight

Yakity - it does look pretty good that set up. And that looks like exactly what I was thinking of: some kind of connector from reel to boat - or to your crate/pipework in fact. Presumably the crate needs to fit pretty tightly to stop the whole lot going overboard when you hook up though?

Do your neighbours think you've lost it when you lay it out for photos? I'm wondering how it will go down in my street when I'm putting it on the car...

FBN

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yippee, for once the couriers were good to their word and I now have a yellow Prowler13 sitting in the garage waiting for its first wetting :)

Sitting in it in the garden in the rain doesn't count :)

Have to try and skive off work tomorrow and get wet. Got to practice self recovery etc, work out access and rigging etc, cos the fishfinder should be here today and I'll have to get that rigged up over the weekend.

May even get to wet a line :)

Spanner, good luck with fishfinder, still deciding on where to locate mine before adding the fitting out to the AnglersAfloat Project, it's slightly more tricky than on the Caper. Waiting to receive the Rudder from OK as this may also have an effect on the position I'm thinking of.

If you don't manage to get out, give it a little sprinkle with the hose to keep it happy. :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

As a ball park figure for a sit-on-top kayak I'd say between £350 - £500. Models differ in length, speed, weight, load weight, stability etc so there's no average model as such. The OK prowler 13 is becoming a popular 'all rounder' and I think it costs £450.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Guest Flybynight

I've not forgotten about trying to get dates...just haven't got any before September (not joking...) right now. I've a little reorganising to work out...

FBN