Bring me sunhine la...la....laaaaa

Hi all,

Well, what a rotten couple of days weve had here, hail, heavy rain, lots of wind (Prowlerrrrrrrrrr) :rolleyes::D

This morning has started well with bright sunshine.

What has everyone been up too while its been so miserable?

On a personal note, I had the second injection in my elbow on fri, boy it was a good one :D but realy hit the spot.

All day and night on the Sat it ached like a bogger.

But this morning feels 80% better.

So hopefully back on the water next weekend, if I can find where Lorraine has hidden my Kayaks :D

Anyone been rigging or making stuff for thier Yaks?

yy :)

[ 22. May 2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]

Been thinking about rigging rather than doing. Came up with an idea of using thin plumbers plastic pipes to make a 'U shaped' mounting rail which fits into the scupper holes at the back of the Caper and extends horizontally at the top (secured by straps to eye loops on yak & seat); vertical rod tubes could be attached either side & the horizontal bar would mean that lights and other bits could be mounted.

Just an idea though and whats putting me off at the moment is putting undue stress on the scupper holes given that they seem to be a weak point.

I can't put vertical rod tubes in the rear tank well for reasons which I will soon reveal so fixing the tubes directly behind the seat seems like the next best thing.

Seems like rigging a kayak for fishing is a hobby in its own right!

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Speciman,

Sounds interesting,see your point regarding the scupper holes.

How about, instead of going into the scuppers, you put "T" fittings on the bottom of the pipes, use as feet sitting in the bottom of the tank well??

Secure the pipes by attatching to the pad eyes with bungee as you said.

Just a thought.

Cant wait to see what you obviously have up your sleeve at the momment :D

Been working on www.anglersafloat.co.uk :) new article on fitting flushmounts with Wellnuts, they are clever little gizmo's. Fitted GPS to the Caper.

And went looking for something to put my orange smoke flare into, though I had some pipe big enough but must have used it all. Bugger. :mad:

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Aha Speciman an anti roll bar for kayaks eh

well it has been the weather for rigging thats for sure however she who must be obeyed had other plans for me at the weekend and had me in the garden (mmm that didnt sound right), now no putting any dampners on this weekends weather eh YY, i've even told the kids to stop whistling grumpy old man i know.

Well I took your advice YY and bought some flares as well as a waterproof first aid kit.

Oops forgot to say that i'm glad to hear your elbows on the mend, you will soon have that hallway finished

[ 23. May 2005, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Thanks Prowler.

Hallway done. :D

Re the weather, Ive had a word with "Jim".....whos told "Pete" to make sure the gates are closed, so no clouds find thier way out.

"Gabreal" got a right strop on, apperently she wants the rain for the garden........well.......you can imagine the upset this is causing.

......humfff......Heaven Knows :)

been busy drilling holes all over the bloody thing :)

Now got my fishsinder, GPS, camera and rodholder mounts sorted, transducer fitted, and battery box wired in, and just need to finish off securing the battery box.

Rather than permanently mounting the box I'm going to glue down some foam with a box sized recess in it, and fit a small strut across the front of the footwells. That'll give me somewhere to hang some cable ties and run a strap to keep the box in place when the yak is upside down ....

Spanner, just done the foam thing with my battery box, seems to work well, also easier to opent the box, I fixed the last one in and it was a pig to undo once the pressure had built up inside, used one stormsure to glue it, it's a flexible glue and sticks reasonably well to the polyethylene

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com