West Wales Yakkers.

nifty

Are there any of you guys fishing the Welsh coast on your kayaks? between Cardigan and Barmouth.

If so, are any of you up for trying for a Tope in the next month or two?

Regards nifty.

Hi Chap.

We have all been talking about it for a while now - before we had this kayaking forum to ourselves - we were within the sea angling section. But YES is the answer to your question. The other place we were thinking of was off the North LLyn aswell.

I've got a mark or two in the GPS which are only a couple of miles out from llewyngrewll.

The other species, of course, would be the black bream - bit later on in the warmer days.

Why? Are you a yakker? Are you going?

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Simon,

I've already been, found a nice easy launch site and spent a day sussing it out while spinning for some bass. Just thought i'd see if anybody fancied a trip instead of talking about it.

nifty

Nifty,

in a word - yes! I fish the northern end of that range you asked about and launch at Towyn or just along. Barmouth is a brilliant launch site too - car park 50 yds from a sandy beach gently sloping down into the harbour. Sheltered launch - then a longish paddle out into the bay. Where did you launch - under the bridge? Easy paddle down the river and a bit of a wet ride out at the mouth if there is any swell running!

Aberdovey estuary is yet to have a visit, but it looks like a good place to fish from the kayak too - fly fishing especially for bass and flounders.

Give me a shout - we were thinking of going over there this weekend. I am working (again) on Saturday, but if we could drive over on Saturday and then fish Sunday morning early - back for breakfast is my plan. Then again out after breakfast for a longer haul and try and catch something for bait to have a go on the bottom.

What do you think - we''l have to watch the weather of course.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo