kayak trolley

yakmad

Hi Yakmad,

Great idea, the golf trolley yak cart except don't get a cheap one from argos...

Picked one up at weekend and promptly set to it with a hacksaw to make it fit. All seemed well until I took it to the beach what a nightmare, the yak fell off, the wheel then fell off and the bl**dy thing bent. Probably true what they say about being pennty wise and pound foolish. At 11.99 I thought I had a bargin.

However there is light at the end of the tunnel. Even though the trolly was knackered I was left with a pair of half decent wheels so after a rummage in the garage and a few copper plumbing fittings later 3/4 of an hour build time I am left with what appears to be a half decent trolley. The type that fits in the scupper holes but has extra support for the hull,

Not to get caught out this time I have given it a good test drive up and down the street even had the neighbours curtains twitching!

So fingers crossed I will be out tomorrow weather permitting and lets see if I can mke it to the sea and back without incedent.

I think the next little project will be a rod holder bar that will fit into the scupper holes as I have still got some fittings left. Has anyone tried this yet?

By the way 22mm copper pipe is a pretty good clearance fit in the small scupper holes

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dingle:

I think the next little project will be a rod holder bar that will fit into the scupper holes as I have still got some fittings left. Has anyone tried this yet?

By the way 22mm copper pipe is a pretty good clearance fit in the small scupper holes

Overflow pipe is a similar diameter to the copper pipe and can be strengthed using wooden dowl if you wanted an alternative material for your trolley.

I thought about making a U-roll-bar which came up through the back scupper holes and would be a platform to mount lights for night fishing. However, after reading about scupper holes being a weak area and prone to cracks I think I will give this a miss now.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow