Good Luck with Comp!

darnsarf

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looks like I might have faired a little better than some, woke early to see thick fog, so went back to bed, arrived at the tackle shop and got loads of bait, headed for the beach, light breeze, looked at the couple of windsurfers there and thought you ain't going nowhere today :) launched and the wind started to pick up by the time I was anchored there was a huge swell running, and the fishing was hard, managed 3 mackeral, 1 bream and a very tiny wrasse, which I'm sure must have been lost cos I've not heard of them being caught around Hayling.

After 3 hours of buffeting I decided to try the harbour. Have only fished the area once but I knew where I might pick up a bass, it was quite a paddle but it was a little more sheltered, a couple of hours and I finaly had the smallest bass, about 5 inches caught whilst retrieving my line. So with 4 species under my belt and a few hours to kill, I went to for a paddle to a mark I had been given, the tide was running quite fast now so I decided to turn back.

I was paddling in less than a foot of water with a couple of miles to go so I sped up a little thinking that I'll be fine it doesn't dry out here... well it does in fact within a minute of touching bottom there was only a little stream flowing, and whilst giggling on the phone to Artfulfisher that dried up as well. So here I am in the middle of the estuary, surrounded by wading birds and an old couple laughing on a bench about a 1/4 mile away. What to do, well after sitting for a half hour and talking to the wife I decided that it was time to face the mud, but not before taking a couple of photo's, (will post them later tonight).

The mud was nasty, my van I was caked in it up to my thighs, well I'm not very tall you see. :D

Glad I took my trolley with me though, it was a long walk of shame to the car park.

Hope that some of the others were more successful cos I've got some medals to send out for the first 3, and I can't have one cos I don't count. And the way it's going 1 fish could get you in the running :)

For those that tryed thank you, for those who didn't well maybe next year without the wind. Like Art said I really enjoyed myself, wished the wind had been kinder but hey this is the UK what should we expect.

World Championships next year so get practising :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

om my word ypu telling me my smallest bag of fish this year may net me a meddle lol need reminding of where to send me pics i only got two really to send maybe i should just post em to the catch thread

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

btw i like the pics of the shimp eyes etc any pics at any meets are cool with me the good bad and the humerous would like to see more pics is there a thread for pics only ?

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

Starvinmarvin:

For those that tryed thank you, for those who didn't well maybe next year without the wind. Like Art said I really enjoyed myself, wished the wind had been kinder but hey this is the UK what should we expect.

World Championships next year so get practising   :D  

SM   :)  

And thankyou Starvin for taking the time to organise it. So far it sounds like we all had our own 'adventures' on the day . Looking forward to next years one.
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hungry Fisherman:

btw i like the pics of the shimp eyes etc any pics at any meets are cool with me the good bad and the humerous would like to see more pics is there a thread for pics only ?

Here you go Hungry. A pic of 3 crabs grabbing one hook bait. Had many '9 ups' the other night when using 3 snoods. There is a catch pictures thread stickied at the top of the thread list.

threesome.jpg

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Finally, here is my bass picture. It was a long, long cast from the kayak, on the roof of the car, but then I read about something similar here not so long ago....!

[ 05. September 2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Simon Everett ]

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

ooops, what's going here then? ! That is only 70 dpi !!

As George isn't here I can't get rid of it because i don't know how to!!

To all those on dial ups I am really really sorry......

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo