Fishing wheat in the feeder

Jim Murray

Unless there's a very fast flow I only ever use block-ends for maggot, (It just makes life simpler).

I often use a feeder (for barbel) which is open at one end only, I've never bothered with anything more than plain brown crumb to plug it, just playing around with the mixing liquid for variations.

Don't forget, wheat is a very filling bait.

Often put some party mix in with my hemp and fished it in a block end feeder with a couple of bits of wheat on the hook. The wheat that is in the party mix is the last thing to find its way out of the feeder and thats in a good flow with the feeders holes drilled out with a 8mm drill bit. Catches barbel just fine, but can't say I've had great chub bags that way. That may just be me and I can't say I've tried just wheat.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

jim

I use blackcap feeders on rivers and lakes.just make a few holes bigger with a scissors.also have found adding brown sugar to the wheat when you steep it really brings out the nutty smell of the wheat.also seems to catch you a bigger stamp of roach/hybrids etc.

Thanks a million. Will try it over weekend and report back.

No expert on wheat but the stuff just soaked in cold water for a couple of days looks nicer than the boiled stuff. The boiling seems to have made it go pale - though I probably just left it on too long. Just let it come to the boil then turned off the gas and lest to cool...