colvic seaworker 22

wizards_cuff

I belive the seawork is a little dated. I spent a lot of time looking into them 15/20 years ago. I do not think they were intended to plane at first and was told by a guy who fited a petrol 3000 v6 ford it was a bit hairy to handle . They have a lot out of the water and ten to roll and twist in a sea. There are lots of poorly constructed boats about so get a full survey. After colvic dropped the mould i think man friday marine started to make them but I may be wrong on that.

The IP23 is a good sound boat but due to wide beam is only slow 6 to 7 knots max.

prp

You might try http://www.findafishingboat.co.uk

At that price what you are looking for is likely to be fairly elderly and not too fast. IP23-based boats have been, and are still used extensively commercially. You might look into old Duver 23 boats or similar, maybe a Mitchel 22 or Mitchell FF, early Hardy boats might be in your price range, or just look for an old, tired but sturdy workboat that just needs a little TLC. I once saw a fab ex-police/patrol launch with two massive waterjets, going for a snip as it had hardly any accommodation so no use for cruiser-types. Had a recent £100,000 fit-out and going for a mere...£70,000. Great for mid-Channel wrecking! Would put the willies up the French trawlers as you roar up to them at 40 knots looking official and menacing. Dream on!

{2008 Editor's Note: to view Colvic fishing boats for sale, please click here}

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk