hi everyone

Reece

hi there everyone. i've just taken fishing up again. not been since was 13 (10 years ago). just been fishing the canal near me which is a 2 minute walk from my door. is great for smal roach, rudd and perch and also some nice tench.

just been to peatling pools on saturday (first time ive fished there). didnt produce much, well barely anything at all. was on magna pool. just came across this forums and thought i'd say hello.

Reece

Hi Reece and welcome.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 4 weeks later...

That wasn't you packing up at around 2 pm on the 18th as I arrived was it? It's a small world if it was :) .

Peatling is a good fishery but you've missed the really easy fishing now it is starting to cool down. Late autumn/winter fishing can still be good at times, although the carp fishing can be patchy in the cold. I struggled on the 18th too on the Malcolm pool, one barbel and one carp just before dark saved a blank.

• 5 months later...

This is a late reply. but probably was me as i did tend to leave around that time.

So far this year since the start of february, i've been fishing Knaptoft pool 5. Not blanked once there so far with some nice carp (for the size of pool 5.

Will be trying peatling again soon and also sending off to join Broome AS as been recommended by 2 colleagues at work.