THE COD ARE COMING.

Guest jay_con

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ask the question: Who most frequently uses the global warming theory for the cods demise?

If your like me youll probably say the commercial guys. why do they use this theory, because it excuses what they have done and what they are continuing to do, and that is taking every last cod out of the north sea.

Whilst the general public feel sorry for the trawlermen,("poor hard working fishermen denied an income by global warming"), they will be allowed to carry on taking the last cod onto the black market. Whilst if people knew what lengths trawlermen will go to to land fish illegally then perhaps perceptions would change.

Iceland, greenland and faroe have never had more cod than now!!

And like you know what lenghts tralermen go to winter?? wise up!!

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

I know a great deal about black fish landings here thurso. i have gained a vast amount of info from a few very reliable sources.

If the trawler men hadnt done what they have for the past 10 years would the north sea be in the state its in? If your answer is no how can you blame global warming. having said that i do beleive fish stocks would have declined, but certainly not to the point of extinction that we see today.

Winter, been there, saw a pair trawl team from Stonehaven hit the cod spawning stock at the "devils hole" (a top commercial ground off Aberdeen) and caught so much they could not winch it up!

They ended up having to drag the net- full of fish, 10 miles to stonehaven harbour, beaching it and waiting for the tide to ebb.

That net had approx 2000 boxes (at approx 8 st each) of prime breeding cod and because of the delay in getting it ashore, the lot went for fishmeal.

The skipper of one of the boats ("Bahati") was also one of the main proponents for a big seal cull. The skipper of the other boat ("Smallwood") was one of the most genuine guys i have ever met. Both of them knew a hell of a lot about cod.

Point of this info? who cares, chuck it in.....

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net