Tagathon June 12/13/14 2008 MOG

Snatcher

Not sure if this has been posted up before - belt and braces never hurt !!!! :)

Subject: 2009 SUMMER TAGATHON

Chaps

I thought that you would appreciate a heads up to an event that Willie Kennedy have agreed to orgnise next year in SW Scotland, working closely with SSACN (we had a meeting in Girvan with Ian last week and are now jointly working to produce a proper outline plan which we will then role out to the World just after Christmas)

Dates: 12th 13th 14th June (this coincides SW Scotlands World Oceans day festival).

Venue: All launch sites SW Scotland but with particular emphasis on the Luce Bay, Wigton Bay areas. (i.e. Garlieston, Isle of whithorn, Port William, Ardwell Bay, Drummore, East Tarbet, Port Logan.

Format: Similar to the Sunart tagathon.... i.e. Open fishing times and launch points.

Tagging: Still to be agreed but our initial plan is for participating boats to record all shark species caught and tag: tope, smoothounds and spurdogs (poss Huss and rays as well)..... but defo not doggies!

HQ: At the moment were toying with the idea of two primary get together centres for the weekend (prob Drummore and Whithorn).... i.e. pubs where anglers can meet in the evenings to swap fishing stories.

Entry fee/donation: Poss £10 all participants... for which you will get 1 years free membership to SSACN plus a tagging kit if required.... plus some stickers and a tagathon what to do and how it works pack

Sponsorship: Ian Burrent has asked the Solway Firth partnership for £1000 to help us cover costs. In addition he is approaching D&G council for support. We also anticipate active support in kind from Ken Collins team at Southampton and poss a representative angling person from SNH. If there is any shortfall in funding Willie K and I have agreed to pay. Any profit made from the event will be donated to SSACN.

Promotion: Primary marketing material is being produced by our mate Jamie soons via his Bad Panda Graphics company. Marketing thereafter will be handled by both ourselves and SSACN through both the normal channels and targeted web based methods.

How can you help us: We dont know yet but we may well be asking you for some minor assistance. Les.... initially could we just ask you and the rest of the FBAnglers to keep these dates free or put them in the diary for an away weekend. Richard, can I ask you to do the same, also can you please forward these dates on as a proposal to the Warrior boat owners club that you mentioned to me the other day. Stevie..... do you have any contact details for any of the small boat angling clubs in the NW of England?

Primary goal of the event: To aware political awareness of our sport, To promote catch and release sport fishing, To promote the UK Shark tagging scheme, To promote angling tourism in SW Scotland, To promote having a good time :-)

I hope all the above news is welcome and will keep you well advised of developments in the mean time.....

Cheers

Stu

p.s. A few tasty leaks of some of these details on the normal Web forums ..... wouldnt go a miss

The clever money should be on Snatcher for this one :1a::fishing1::whistling:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Yes I just noticed 2008 instead of 2009,what a thicko!! :huh:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy