Morecambe Bay and Fylde coast

MorecambeBay

If anyone out there has fished in the above area recently i would love to hear how they got on.

Have heard there are codling starting to show off Heysham, and 'heard' there were also plenty coming out of 'five-bar-gate' despite only catching whiting there last sat night!!!

Regards

FISHING: (fish'ing), the art of casting, trolling, jigging, or spinning, while freezing, sweating, swatting or swearing.

OAR: Clumsy wooden instrument used to moisten boat occupants.

• 3 years later...
If anyone out there has fished in the above area recently i would love to hear how they got on.

Have heard there are codling starting to show off Heysham, and 'heard' there were also plenty coming out of 'five-bar-gate' despite only catching whiting there last sat night!!!

Regards

hi all

i am a local lad from morecambe.

the fishing is quite slow in morecambe at the minute only whiting being caught on the stone jetty in central morecambe.

not ventured up to heysham yet might give it a go at the weekend tho, let you know how i get on,

fylde coast has been my favorite this winter season with a few decent size coddling up to 5lb being caught from cleveleys beach through to rossall and fleetwood, best bet is low water at night beetween 8 and 12 but becarefull the tide sweeps around nfast and can easely get cut off. although high tide is producing good specimens but not as many, fishing a 2/0 to 3/0 pennell rig with FRESH BLACK for cod and size 1 to 1/0 with frozen black and frsh black or mackeral for whiting, dabs, rockling,

hope goes well for you :D

tight lines

mdtomlancs

Hey guys. Dont know about sea fishing in winter in Morecambe, can never be bothered sea fishing in winter. I go for Pike.

Do any of you plug for bass in the summer in morecambe? I went quite afew times last summer but didnt manage one, but Im going to give it a proper go this summer.

Hey guys. Dont know about sea fishing in winter in Morecambe, can never be bothered sea fishing in winter. I go for Pike.

Do any of you plug for bass in the summer in morecambe? I went quite afew times last summer but didnt manage one, but Im going to give it a proper go this summer.

hi pal,

i have never plugged for bass in morecambe bay but i have seen a few people doing it and the results have been quite poor, if you want to catch bass in morecambe your best bet is to go behind heysham power stations on the outlet pipe, you can access that by ocean edge caravan park and its the first outlet you come too, you catch mullet and school bass and the ocational big bass if your looking for a bit of fun go to your local tackle shop get 5 or 6 shrimp rigs join 2 together take your pike rod with a 1oz weight and cast away they bite like mad, or there is heysham cliffs you have to use a strong rod and a decent reel with a bit heaver tackle there a nice bass around there as they feed on the rocks you can use lug worm there but the killer bait is peeler crab for the bass. you can try plugging there it might work i used a red gill lure there last year and caught a nice 2lb 8oz bass or if you try fishing on the new platform on sandylands that might produse some as that used to be the hotspot for bass in morecambe. dont go to the stone jetty all you will catch is sfa in the summer. heysham north wall is ok for bass just dont plug.

all the best

tight line

:D:D:)