Introducing myself

Xplorer1

Just introducing myself. The name's Neil, and this is my third re-birth as a coarse angler. The childhood fishing died away when sex, drugs and rock & roll came along (usual story). Then I took it up again in my early 20's (40 years ago) when we lived in Norwich. I fished the Broads, Yare and Wensum, shopped in John Wilson's Tackle Den and generally had a great time. Then we moved to London and it all died away again. The second re-birth was in the early 80's after we moved to Sussex, in response to work stress (usual story Mk II), but again there were too many demands on my time (family, work, house, garden) to keep it up. Now I've retired and the opportunity was too good to resist. I've joined a couple of local clubs, fish the Sussex Ouse and Adur and several still waters. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it - it really is almost an obsession again.

I find forums a fantastic source of information and help, and this one looks wonderful, so I look forwards to joining in. I fear though that I will be primarily an asker rather than an answerer for some time.

My fishing preferences? I travel light, and fish natural baits mostly. I'm a float addict trying to make myself do more ledgering. I go for roach, chub, tench, dace, perch and pike. I love small rivers, but would relish the chance to fish something big like the Trent. I'm not a carp man, though if I happen to hook that's fine.

So that's me. Let the fishing begin.....

ps FM members may recognise this introduction!

You are thrice welcome then.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Like you i was a returnee after giving up fishing in my late teens i started again in my mid thirties and have not looked back. The modern carp scene is not for everyone and all the disciplines are catered for on here so dive in and debate and if you want a change have a look at non fishing chat and perhaps other forums on here. once again welcome

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi Neil... The good story.

I had put off my rods for few years, too. But I came again.

Welcome to the AN.

...i dlatego przyszedłem do was uzbrojony w złudzenia kompetencji, w które tak wielu z was się uzbraja... m.a.d.button...