larford match lake

bluezulu

hi fellow worm danglers, i`m fishing a match at larford match lake shortly. would be very grateful for any tips such as best baits,methods etc.i have fished there in the past but that was when it first opened as a match lake and all the carp were pasty size. anything changed?

I have been to Larford but fished the Specimen Lake. What I gather to match fish the match lake it is best to used the open end feeder using the pellets,grounbait and sweetcorn. What I do also know is this the owners to feed the match lake on a regularly basis by the hut end of the lake by using the Pellets what they sell in their hut.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

They used to go around the whole pool with the pellets don't know if they still do, something to do some new stocked fish they said they were hungry, anglers were not putting enough feed in.

Not bad there I like it.

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

Black Secret (bout 60 quids worth) and choped worm....well its what they use there in that daft maver pole video

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

yes you can only use larfords own pellet feed little and often in margins (4 sections of pole, apparently there reeds are growing back etc... sat behind a guy last year who hammered out 65lb in 3hrs on pellet and corn :D carp to 2lb the draw plays an important part tho, the early pegs by the hut tend to be favoured. there is one big lunker in there (low double carp) that tends to get peopel in a right mess only seen tho at far end by what used to be the old island. far end is slightly deeper and you have the island as a feature. apart from that its really down to you !!

hope it helps

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk