Numbty of the week award goes to................

Scotty T

Me..............

Because last night in my infinate wisdom decided to check out the brack blocks on my 6500 CT C3 Mag elite, once I took the end cap off I could not for the life of me work out where a small silver clip was supposed to go (part 23506 on the schematic). Hopefully i'm the only person to do this, but if not i'd gladly recieve any advice (apart from don't take your reel apart in the first place for no good reason). I have put the reel back together (minus the clip) and everything seems ok, so i'm at a bit of a loss.

http://www.abugarcia.com/schematics/baitca...3ctmag/0900.pdf

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Sorry, I can't help with that but I did open up one of my reals the other night, saw the bits and quickly put it back together, don't think I want to go there.

Good luck with yours, someone will know where it goes.

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Hi there,

That little clip is tied in with getting the magnetic brakes to work.

I think you will find that without it the mag brakes no longer work. Try spinning the reel on 0 and then on 8, I may be wrong but there will be no difference.

Getting it back in is easy when you know how. I suggest you go down to your friendly tackle shop, confess all and hopefully they will pop it back in for free.

I would always advise opening an Abu on the winder side, using the little finger screws, for changing spools, brake blocks etc.

[ 08. March 2005, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Socksy Squirrel ]

Cheers Socksy,

That would make sense, might have another go tonight, if not i'll be off down the tackle shop tomorrow with my tail well and truly between my legs.

Scotty

I did it myself on my first multiplier.

It was a 6500 Sports Mag, I took the right hand plate off and had a look at the bits, no problem.

Then I had a go at the left hand plate, could I get it back together, no. So it was down the tackle shop with the bits.

There is a trick to getting it to fit back in.

Assemble the reel correctly and then with the left hand side pointing upward lower the end plate down with the external slider set to 4, it should fit into place with a bit of wiggling.

Slide it off to 0, you may hear a slight click as the bits fit into place and then up to 8, there should only be a slight resistance if everything has slotted back into place. Do not force it as you can damage the reel, take it apart and try again,

That is probably as clear as mud, but when you have done one it is easy.

Check your Hotmail Email Scotty. Hope the info is there for you. Complete illustrated Mag service sequence. It's for the CS Mag but mostly the same bits.

23506??? Just checked the schematic. It does show where it goes in the service guide I sent you. I also remembered having the same problem myself. The spring in question. It's shown in section 13 of the guide. Basically it sits horizontal leg down on the Mag Plate with the bent bit pressing against the end cover. Gives a springy security to the Mag Plate.

Ray your a legend,

I could see it on the schematic but it didn't really indicate where it went, so you think it goes between the end plate and the mag plate, looks good to me. Will give it a go when I get home.

Thanks again

Scotty

Job Done,

All back together as she should be, thanks alot GowerRay, that schematic with pics really saved my arse.

Scotty