fishing france

scott bradley

hello all

im fishing france in april and i just wondered if anyone had any tips? i carnt see how much the fishing in france can differ from england but they tell me it does. im fishing bleys lake the web site is www.carpruns.co.uk if anyone wants a look.

cheers scott

hello all

im fishing france in april and i just wondered if anyone had any tips? i carnt see how much the fishing in france can differ from england but they tell me it does. im fishing bleys lake the web site is www.carpruns.co.uk if anyone wants a look.

cheers scott

Scott,

If you haven't already done so then do a search on this forum, the questions been asked many times before and there's lot's of useful advice in the various replies.

In short though, it's no different to carp fishing in the UK, whatever people may tell you, and I've been fishing in France for something like 15 years.

Rob.

Scott,

If you haven't already done so then do a search on this forum, the questions been asked many times before and there's lot's of useful advice in the various replies.

In short though, it's no different to carp fishing in the UK, whatever people may tell you, and I've been fishing in France for something like 15 years.

Rob.

Tactics are the same in France as in the UK. Best advise is when you get there talk to the bailiffs as they will know what working as in bait etc on your swim.

The main difference is you are likely to catch a lot more fish than you would in the UK and bigger fish. One point that is often neglected is to keep inspecting your gear as it will be used more so look for weak line etc, so carry a spare spool of line (or 2)

Apart from that enjoy and tight lines.

John

The main difference is you are likely to catch a lot more fish than you would in the UK and bigger fish. One point that is often neglected is to keep inspecting your gear as it will be used more so look for weak line etc, so carry a spare spool of line (or 2)

Apart from that enjoy and tight lines.

John

I would re-phrase the above as you may catch more and/or bigger fish, but equally you may not. It took me 12 years I think to beat my UK PB in France, and not much less than that to catch my first French 30lb carp. In days of old you didn't have the luxury of the internet to really see the waters and details of fish stocks etc, or as many waters. My advice is to be flexible and don't have to many preconceptions.

Rob.

• 4 weeks later...
hello all

cheers scott

scott iv fished that lake 16 times your love it mate,

need any tips just let me