I won't do that again

10 brownie points

Tuesday evening I took the opportunity to fish the local river (morning star),

I took it into my head to go further up river than normal and I got my old man to drop me just 3 miles (by road) aprox further on. It was a lovely evening enjoying the fishing. 1/2 a mile along the river I spotted a number of trout rising in and around some over hanging trees. I spent much to long trying to tease one of them to take what I had to offer. next thing I knew it was getting dark and I had a hell of a long way to walk yet..... :rolleyes:

To make a long story short the 5 or 6 mile hike back (by twisty river) in the dark often through waist high grass and reeds gave me some grief (how fit am I). First a heavy fog came down blotting out anything more than 30 or 40 yards away. Being a little unsure of the lay of the land I ended up (thanks to brambles and barbed wire) with hands and arm that look like I was trying to fill a slot in a horror movie a fine rip in my net. I walked into an electric fence, got charged down by some mad cattle. Also I lost somewhere along the way a box of flies and a few other bits and pieces (probably in my own mini version of "Running with the bulls in Pamplona").

The next day the lads in work had a great laugh at the state of me and the story I had to tell and so I won't be doing that again ....

Oh I will be going back there fishing again I just won't tell the lads in work about it.