Favourite lures

Pangolin

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with the snatching the lure away from them thing,Its totally mad!all that time spent working for a take and when it comes we try and prevent the fish from grabbing our lure! I think we must all do it.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

quote:

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

Totally agree .... snatching the lure away from them ..... its' totally mad! ....all that time spent working for a take and when it comes we try and prevent the fish from grabbing our lure! I think we must all do it.

Well, that's what comes of watching Mick Brown's video on fishing with surface lures Best advice is when the fish hits the surface lure, first say "Mick Brown" and then strike

DG

[ 30. April 2004, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

quote:

Originally posted by Newt:

This is a real old timer lure that has been reborn a few times.

Posted Image

Newt,

Mmmmmh! Nice! Got to be worth $100+ now!

Re: the Lucky 13, here's a little modification that I learned from here ; I put a small Colorado spinner-blade and swivel on the front hook-hanger ... and it's worked really well for me. Of course, it may have worked just as well without the blade .. who can tell?!

:rolleyes: __________________ Posted Image

DG

[ 30. April 2004, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

You can still buy HI-LOs. They havn't disappeared round here. I just don't buy them but I will if anyones that desperate for one. As far as ABUs go, I'd got for the jointed Terminator. Cast and wiggle the rod tip whilst retrieving the slack. Easy and fun to watch.

I'd say my favourite lure of all time, is the Mepps Aglia Decoree (gold/red dots) because it catches allsorts of fish from Trout to Pike to Mackerel.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

quote:

Originally posted by Andy Macfarlane:

I'd say my favourite lure of all time, is the Mepps Aglia Decoree (gold/red dots) because it catches allsorts of fish from Trout to Pike to Mackerel.

Andy

Isn't the Mepps Aglia Decorée otherwise known as the Mepps Comet en Angleterre et L'Ecosse ? ( see here )

DG :confused:

[ 30. April 2004, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

No..the Comet blade has a squarer profile. The Aglia has your standard French style blade.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Here we have an Aglia with standard french style blade.

Posted Image

Here we have the Comet with the longer, squarer blade.

Posted Image

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

quote:

Originally posted by Andy Macfarlane:

the Comet blade has a squarer profile. The Aglia has your standard French style blade.

Hmmmh ... like this?

__________ Posted Image

Where do you buy your Aglia Decorée, as a matter of interest?

DG

P.S. You beat me to it with some pix :)

[ 30. April 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]