Crayfish lure - anybody tied one?

Snatcher

Gonna knock out a few crayfish lures for Newt to try. Have some ideas to try out but any tips from fellow tyers will be appreciated. The hooks will be in the range 2/0 to 4/0

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Snatcher - not crayfish flies but have you seen the ones Here and toward the bottom of the thread? I don't know if you ever look at the coarse section since many of the sea anglers don't.

In fact, some of the other discussion there on the various types of wire traces might be of interest to you salt water types. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Seen the picy on the sea forum - Largemouth bass on a Snatcher lure! feedback required cos this is a team effort. Ideas chaps?

Plan B????????????????? is an open book,let us UK tyers get our heads together on this one.

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

• 3 weeks later...

I fished a lake in Yorkshire (West Tanfield I think) a few years ago which was full of signal crayfish. The owner was letting them breed in the lake and then trapping them and selling them, presumably to resturants. The lake was stocked with rainbows which were catching the big crayfish, ripping them to bits and fighting over the pieces! When caught the fish also had whole immature crayfish in their stomachs which were about an inch long. The colour was exactly the same as cock pheasant tail and a long shank Pheasant tail nymph size 10 worked well.

Interesting mate - thanks. Seen the thread on the sea forum - Snatchers weekend - not fancy a piece then!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair