Fly fishing in London

Dan G

Anyone got any good fisheries in SW london... I've tried Syon Park - with great success - but i'd like a catch and release water if possible. I've heard about a place called Hasel Mere in Shepperton... Anyone fished it?

Dan, me again. Think you might mean Halliford Mere. There was a short thread recently here

anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb...ic;f=3;t=000803

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Thats the one... it was a hearsay thing and the person couldn't think of the name. Think I may give that one a go at the weekend if weather is good.

Are there any others, preferably Catch & release but not solely, that you know of?

Heres my favourite, but its a little further out close to Hindhead on the A3. If you have easy access to the M25 then its a doddle to get there.

Its Frensham Fisheries at Churt, not to be confused with Frensham Ponds. Several smallish ponds but interesting. Nice surroundings in the middle of a wood. Lots of small game wandering around too. The top pond has little buttery yellow brownies if you can contact them.

Details are at

http://www.fishcountryleisure.com/Welcome.htm

Can be a bit of a bugger to find first time around so take their tel number. When you get to Churt village any of the shop keepers should be able to point the way to the fishery.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'