Long Weekend

Jeff S

I know today is a bank holiday for you all... So anyone catch anything???

Just out of curiousity, what does this holiday signify?

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Got myself a nice bag of 5 in 4 hours at a club water near Wimbourne.

Got nabbed by the EA for not having my licence on me (was in my car) - thought it was only naughty to not have one - not that you had to wear it round your neck?!

Lots of small buzzers, mayfly and caenis about and I took all the fish off / in the surface and got a touch of sunburn and a nice white watch strap mark.

'May bank holiday' is 'Workers day' (1st May).

Where we celebrate the common bonds we share with our worker comrades worldwide, (bought in by Labour in 70's). 'Mayday' is loved by all hard working men, except the Lithuanians I work with, who hate the Russians - but they still all got pi@@ed at a BBQ.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Tog:

Got myself a nice bag of 5 in 4 hours at a club water near Wimbourne.

Got nabbed by the EA for not having my licence on me (was in my car) - thought it was only naughty to not have one - not that you had to wear it round your neck?!

Lots of small buzzers, mayfly and caenis about and I took all the fish off / in the surface and got a touch of sunburn and a nice white watch strap mark.

'May bank holiday' is 'Workers day' (1st May).

Where we celebrate the common bonds we share with our worker comrades worldwide, (bought in by Labour in 70's). 'Mayday' is loved by all hard working men, except the Lithuanians I work with, who hate the Russians - but they still all got pi@@ed at a BBQ.

:D:D 'Mayday' is loved by all hard working men, except the Lithuanians I work with, who hate the Russians - but they still all got pi@@ed at a BBQ. :D:D

Sounds like a memorable day! I think I lucked out on Sunday... Caught about 8-9 wild browns. Surprisingly I had the entire river to myself! Had to work on Monday though.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Guest PhilB

I had a day on Coniston fishing for char. Only had 4, all on downriggers at 40 - 70 feet down. On the shallow lines (15 - 30 feet) we had 4 brownies including a surprise 4 1/2 (approx.) pounder on a small red & silver toby on a light leadcore line - good job we had a decent net...it was a tremendous scrap!!! All fish returned safely to the lake.

Guest PhilB

Dan, have a look at the "char baits" thread in this forum, I posted a nice pic of one there recently that I caught from Coniston last year. The colouration is quite extreme for a char - they are usually more pale coloured than that. I think this one was still in it's breeding livery. Still tasted nice tho :)

Very nice fishy ff2.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.