Sigma 12-24mm Test Shots

Chippy

Just picked up my Sigma 12-24mm this morning, so thought I'd go for a walk about the town and get a few test shots done, to see how good it was / wasn't.

Seems pretty good with a little bit of softness in the extreme corners, but not sure if that's more down to the distortion. Pretty sharp everywhere else. The angle of view on fullframe is superb and really looking forward to using it for seascapes and maybe some star trails, although at 12mm I'd probably need a few hours of shots to stack to get any decent trail.

pc_140209_1044_5dii_std.jpg

pc_140209_1038_5dii_std.jpg

pc_140209_1082_5dii_std.jpg

pc_140209_1059_5dii_std.jpg

Just picked up my Sigma 12-24mm this morning, so thought I'd go for a walk about the town and get a few test shots done, to see how good it was / wasn't.

Seems pretty good with a little bit of softness in the extreme corners, but not sure if that's more down to the distortion. Pretty sharp everywhere else. The angle of view on fullframe is superb and really looking forward to using it for seascapes and maybe some star trails, although at 12mm I'd probably need a few hours of shots to stack to get any decent trail.

pc_140209_1044_5dii_std.jpg

pc_140209_1038_5dii_std.jpg

pc_140209_1082_5dii_std.jpg

pc_140209_1059_5dii_std.jpg

Dont you just love wide angle . . . :clap: Started playing with 'destortion corection' this week in Elements 7, its something else.

SW