How do you set up yours?

carping_mad

All depends where I'm fishing and what I'm fishing for.

I've tried the helicoter rig in the past, (don't forget to use float stops above the hooklink if fishing in fast rivers!) but these days I tend to use a running feeder more often than not.

I thread a link-swivel onto mainline, then a couple of beads and then I tie a swivel onto the end. Tie hooklength to swivel and attach feeder to link, and away you go.

Evening Ant

I take it its for tench'n?

I always use a 3 loop semi fixed feeder rig.Thread a snap swivel on ya line then make an 18" loop tied with a double overhand knot,slide the swivel back upto the knot end now tie a single overhand knot 12" from the first knot making 2 loops.do the same again to form the last loop 1" from the end.You can attatch your hooklink loop to loop style to this last one. attatch your feeder via the snap link and away you go :)

The loop's make a stand off effect making it tangle free! I use it with a light silkworm hook length Expo sweetcorn and 10mm Esterberry

Tight lines Daz

Elo Daz :)

Thanks matey, unfortunatly due to me probably being slightly tired, cos i havnt been able to sleep very well lately, i didnt understand most of that :P

As i cant picture it. lol. any pics buddy or a very slow and easy (easy enough for an idiot to see it) talk through :P by PM or on here please :D ?

Thanks again....Ant

Sorry for butting in here...

quote:

Originally posted by Bally:

I've tried the helicoter rig in the past, (don't forget to use float stops above the hooklink if fishing in fast rivers!) but these days I tend to use a running feeder more often than not.

What do the float stops do? Also, when you say running feeder do you mean the 'in-line' variety? The biggest problem for me has always been tangles. Are feeder booms any good?

The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

The float stop stop the feeder from going too far up the line, otherwise the rig will keep going down the river, and the feeder will be stuck in one place, far away from the hooklength.

A running feeder means it can move, a lot. so when the fish pick up the hookbait and hooks itself, the fish runs away and the feeder just sits there. and hold bottom until you strike usualy (Or i belive that is the idea anyway :) )