Partiblend help

Hi all

even having been around the edges of the carp scene for 20yrs now i have never tried partiblend or any of the other birdfood type seed groundbaits, i would however like to have a go at using partiblend bait beds and fishing over them with boilies.

my question is this what is the best way to prepare partiblend, do you just soak it in boiling water or is it necessary to boil it.

also how would you go about applying it catapult or spod and would you cover a largish area hoping that it keeps the carp in your swim rooting around for every bit or have a tight area of bait for the carp to find and munch on but keep on topping up the area as time passes

hopefully you can help me with these questions as all the carping magazines seem to have differing views on how to prepare seeds and i for one am fairly confused by it all

thanks

Andi

http://carp.fishing.web1000.com

SACN 0286

I have used plenty of Partiblend, but mostly for tench and bream fishing. So beware if you don't appreciate those species.

I just put it in a bucket and cover it with plenty of boiling water. Be prepared that it swells up quite considerably whilst soaking.

It is difficult to feed with a catapult. I use a spod and find that mixed with pellets, dead maggots, broken boilies etc it works fine.

Hinders (the supplier of partiblend) have a website if you want more info.

Hope this helps,

Tim Marks

Hi all, another good alternative to Partiblend is a seed mix from Haiths called 'Red Band'.

However, due to it's popularity in the Carp world it's gone up considerably in price!! (VAT!!) :(

The answer, go down to your local pet food wholesaler and ask for 'Trapping Mix' which is a type of pigeon conditioner that should (check first!) contain Aniseed.

'Trapping Mix' (which is dirt cheap! )contains loads of small seeds (like Partiblend) and is very easy to prepare. Simply cover with water and bring to the boil. Take off the boil and leave, but keep topping up with water as the seeds soak it up.

Only last night I had a 21lb 7oz Common, 16lb 10oz Mirror and a 9lb stockie Common using Boilie over 'Trapping mix'! (all within 3 hours! :) )

I applied the 5kg of 'Trapping Mix' by using a large scoop, which I bought from a horse tackle shop for a couple of quid.

All 5kg went onto a 3ft square area at the bottom of the marginal drop-off.

[ 01 June 2002, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

Tim and Gaffer

Thanks for your replies and apologies in the delay in answering but i have been away fishing for a few days.

you have both put my mind at rest about the prep-ing of this particular seed mix and also given me a bit more confidence in the use of and the amount as well one more quick one is it possible to over bait with this if so what sort of baiting levels would you recomend and tim i dont mind catching tench in the slightest.

Andi

http://carp.fishing.web1000.com

SACN 0286

pikemaster39:

......one more quick one is it possible to over bait with this if so what sort of baiting levels would you recomend and tim i dont mind catching tench in the slightest.

Firstly, I must add that the 5kg that I used was wet, not dry. I haven't worked out how much it weighs dry, only that I use the second bigest stainless saucepan I've got and fill it to level. :rolleyes:

Secondly, I'm prebaiting the swim two nights before hand with the same amount.

I'm trying to work out if the fish get on to it immediately or if they prefer it after it has been in the water for a couple of days.

The reason I say this is because when talking to long session Carpers they say that the carp only come on to it 48 hours into a session.

So in all honesty I can't say how much is too much and when it'll work. I s'pose the best thing would be to experiment.

Lastly, last Friday was the first time that I've only had Carp during an overnighter this year, usually I get loads of Bream and Tench inbetween.

Gaffer:

Hi all, another good alternative to Partiblend is a seed mix from Haiths called 'Red Band'.

However, due to it's popularity in the Carp world it's gone up considerably in price!! (VAT!!)    :(  

My apologies to Mr King of Haiths for my inaccurate statement.

(See the "Are we all being taken for mugs?" thread.)

• 6 years later...

Weird - there's me, searching Google for some info on Partiblend, and this thread comes up second in the world.... :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE