TACKLE SHOPS....

Janet

Every time I go into my local shop there are several people stood round drinking brews, they fall into two distinct groups. Match anglers and carp fanatics. I don't fall into either, so have never been offered a brew. The service isn't bad, it is just as much as I get in other shops (non fishing), so I can escape with just what I want. Today a pint of little wigglies a feeder (to replace one lost) and some swivels. Off to put them to use now.

Cheers

OT

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious"

I use to be terrible when i went in tackle shops, Like you say you go in for a packet of hooks or swivels and you come out with a bag full of bits and bobs that you dont really need. I do try to avoid tackle shops as much as possible these days i tend to get most of my bits online. Besides most the the tackle shops local to me are all pretty much carp orientated and dont really cater for predator anglers or pleasure anglers. Ask them where the pike tackle is and they look at you like your some sort of weido

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

On Friday I went in for a new tip ring for my trotting rod.

Came out with a new Ian Gold's rod rest for my beachcasters.

(And I didn't get a cuppa!)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I agree. You're doomed....DOOMED!! Y'hear!!

Just be glad you haven't taken up lure fishing or you've had it...or have you and you're just not admitting it to yourself yet???

"Just Say No!!" By Andy Macfarlane

It's a rotten habit. You get up in the morning and the first thing you think about is lures. You stop shaving, you grow a beard, you take on a scruffy appearance, you start to smell and you don't sleep when normal people do but it doesn't matter, because you prefer to use lures on your own.

Now and again, someone comes along who shares their lures with you and you show them somewhere that nobody else knows about. Before you know it, everyone's there, using lures.

You lie to your friends and family and you pretend you're skint but there's always money for lures. Before you know it, you're selling things that were once precious to pay for more lures. You know that Playstation you once spent all your time playing indoors? You'll sell that too and the only place you'll be, is outside, cold and miserable.

Sometimes you get a big lure but it doesn't help. You still twitch, jerk and wobble and the only thing you can do is add a bit of crank. That usually works but not always. Sometimes you get sick of lures and you try to substitute it with something else but you can't sit still for long and before you know it, you're out buying lures from the local tackle dealer.

You know you can buy lures locally and sometimes it's all you can afford but occasionally, you get enough enough money to import lures straight from the source, which is cheaper but you have to be careful. Customs and excise are always looking for unusual parcels.

I could go on mate but I'm telling you.......Lures are for mugs.

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I popped into one of my local shops the other day for some hooklength material and hooks.

Got a few other bits, while I was there.

£60, after discount :rolleyes:

Didn't even have a cup of tea.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

You proved you were doomed a long time ago Anders.

....Andy....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...