Luck!

Arf

I went fishing on Chesil Beach in Weymouth last weekend.

On friday, I caught nothing, but was totally gutted when I got home and discovered I had left my fishing line clippers somewhere on the beach. I have had these clippers for many years and get sentimental about stuff like that.

My clippers are oblong, and about the same size as all 400 trillion stones on Chesil beach, so the chances of finding them again were zero.

On Saturday I went to the same beach early in the morning. I tried to find the spot I had fished before, but the tide had reshaped the beach a little so I gave up and just started fishing where I was. After getting my lines in, lit a cigarette and looked down, and lo and behold, there were my clippers staring right at me, about 10 foot away from where I had set up.

I didn't catch any fish that day either, but was happy to at least have found my clippers despite insurmountable odds.

Here is a picture of the beach to the right of me. Note there are some stones.

right.jpg

Here is a picture of the beach to the left of me. Note there are some stones.

left.jpg

Here is a picture of my clippers as they lay before me. Note there are some stones around them!

Find.jpg

Thank you all for joining me on this riveting adventure.

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

Hi Arf...Rivetting aint the word, edge of the seat stuff there mate... :thumbs:

How the heck did you manage to find/see the clippers in the first place... :clap: :clap:

I was on Chesil a couple of years ago, and didnt even notice that there are a few pebbles /stones there... :blink:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I couldn't tell you how I spotted them Norrie, they just sucked my eyes in. I just literally looked down and there they were.

The angle from which the photo is taken is the exact same angle as I found them in - in between finding them and taking the photo I did not even move my feet.

A noise sounding like a distant ''Woop!" may have been heard all over Dorset.

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

Hello Mr Arf, welcome by the way, wots your first name, 'not' by any chance. Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

You go all they way to weymouth and fish off the beech? Do you not go on the charter boats down there?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello Mr Arf, welcome by the way, wots your first name, 'not' by any chance. Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

You go all they way to weymouth and fish off the beech? Do you not go on the charter boats down there?

Well, to be honest I wouldn't be able to afford a charter. My wife and toddlers went down for a couple of days to visit the mother-in-law, so I brought me rods with and slipped off for a few hours each day.

I did try off Portland Bill, but got hooked up on rocks instantly each cast, so packed it in and headed for the beach.

I didn't get much time to study the area unfortunately, but will be going again when summer starts, so hopefully I will be able to research the area better and catch some fish this time!

Well, to be honest I wouldn't be able to afford a charter. My wife and toddlers went down for a couple of days to visit the mother-in-law, so I brought me rods with and slipped off for a few hours each day.

I did try off Portland Bill, but got hooked up on rocks instantly each cast, so packed it in and headed for the beach.

I didn't get much time to study the area unfortunately, but will be going again when summer starts, so hopefully I will be able to research the area better and catch some fish this time!

Hi, i know there are a few on this forum who fish from the shore and there are links to what, where and when. During the summer we have fished into the rocks from a charter boat for the bass, and there are super wrass on the rock marks as well, don't discount portland bill because of the rocks as that is where they live. Float fishing? Another mark is again on the rocks but next to the blocked entrance to portland harbour, with the wreck of the hood. We have again gone right in to fish the entrance and have had a good mixture with also thornbacks in residence as well.

During the summer again there is also the resident mullet population around the weymouth boats, last year there was thousands. Don't forget the peir at weymouth as well, we see loads fish it both winter and summer. If ever you feel flush and fancy a go on the boats give us a shout as we travel down on a regular basis, top fishing spot. Good fishing to you.

Found it. http://www.portlandbill.co.uk/index2.htm

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Barry

Thanks for the excellent info, I will give it a good read before going again in a month or 3, and also will PM you to see if you'll be in the area. I would absolutely relish the opportunity of boat fishing.

It did strike me that that perhaps flyfishing for bass off The Bill or Church Ope cove would be promising when the mackerel come in later this year... Perhaps wrasse too at other times of the year.

The wife couldn't believe it when I said I look forward to visiting the mother in law later in the summer again, but the varying rocky/stony coastline with coves as beautiful as that, with a bit of water movement that Kent fishing lacks, well really I can't wait to get back. Even though I caught nothing last time!

Hi Barry

Thanks for the excellent info, I will give it a good read before going again in a month or 3, and also will PM you to see if you'll be in the area. I would absolutely relish the opportunity of boat fishing.

It did strike me that that perhaps flyfishing for bass off The Bill or Church Ope cove would be promising when the mackerel come in later this year... Perhaps wrasse too at other times of the year.

The wife couldn't believe it when I said I look forward to visiting the mother in law later in the summer again, but the varying rocky/stony coastline with coves as beautiful as that, with a bit of water movement that Kent fishing lacks, well really I can't wait to get back. Even though I caught nothing last time!

Because we are either getting on or getting off charter boats we don't have time for a proper mooch around the harbour, especially for the mullet during the summer. As said we have seen thousands, mainly on the way to a certain resturant during the evening. :)

I was there two or three years ago when a dolphin decided to take up residence. The kids were in thier paddling boats busy patting it's belly, while it was loving it. don't remember the going of it though. Personally i would like to find more time to spend ashore mooching, one day. :)