cant get my sections out of my new pole

prober49

<br />just took delivery of my new 13m pole. Most of the bottom (thicker) section wil not come out and im a bit nervous trying to get them out. Any suggestions please<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I would ring the Company and ask them is it ok for you to tap it down on the carpet or what they recommend !! Or its being returned .

then its at there risk so to speak .. cover yourself ..

If they are all stuck in the main section there is an easy and danger free way of getting them out. Personally my first approach would be to give it a bang on a carpeted floor, on the bank if I get one stuck (it does happen because I haven't cleaned/dried them properly when I put them away) I bang it on my boot. Never caused any damage. If that doesn't work, what you need is and 'expanda bung'. I believe they come in different sizes now but the one I have fits the larger pole sections. Insert it into the first section that won't come out and tighten it up slowly. The rubber section will expend slowly and grip the inside of the pole then you just pull it out. You will probably find that there is some dampness or perhaps even grit somewhere inside which you should have with a new pole.

To stop it happening again, make sure that you clean and dry it before putting it away and a good polish with furniture polish will help as will rubbing a candle on the sections, that should help those sticking.