2 runs at once...What would you do ????

John 'BLOCK'

Personally i think you should count yourself lucky , i myself am really new to the sport , i fished before but not for carp , and i have had about 3-4 runs since i started (1 of which was a very large swan , which i hooked) and i lost all of them . so my carp count is fish-1 me-0 . :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

As I often fish fairly remote waters, I will set up 3 rods over a 20' stretch of shore and yes, I have had all 3 go off a couple of times over the past years. If there is a small cat on any, I'll haul him in quick. If there are carp on the rods than it's sweatin' time. And I had one occasion were I had my foot on 1 rod, the second 1 under my arm (ended up in my teeth for a moment), and trying to bring in the 3rd one as it was the wildest one. I usually fish alone, so help was nonexistent. I did manage to bring all 3 in, 2 nice carp and a 5# cat, than sat down and had a smoke to get rid of the shakes.

For the next few weeks I only fished 2 rods at the time!

Good fishin'; Hook.

LOL - Hook, sounds like really horrible problems to me. How about I head North and help you out? Should be getting warm enough up there for my warm-weather bones to survive.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I have had double takes on a few occassions. The way I have dealt with them is to continue to play the first fish, set the hook in the second and then leave the rod in the rests with the clutch set very lightly. I am usually with a pal and if thats the case they play the second fish whilst I continue with the first. I have given away two thirties like this so mates are usually please to be fishing with me.

See you on the beach.