carp fishing

nathan

is it a good time for me to start carp fishing now because i got a set from badger classics and i want to test it out. i'm going on a still water at willow lakes near newark has anyone fished the carp lake there and have you got any tips

[ 16. February 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: nathan ]

If you are starting off carp fishing spend some time getting info on the lake you are planning to fish. Also I would personally wait until this wind turns round, bitter easterly winds are not the best when fishing, either for catching or sitting by the bank.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Nathan I agree with Peter, take a few hours to get to know the lake. Visit it as much as you can at different times of the day and see if you can spot any movement from fish. This may help you in finding out where they are feeding during this cold spell. Once found introduce small amounts of bait every couple of days. This will get them used to feeding on the bait you wish. As most will say small single hook baits are the trick in winter, try tiger nuts!!! :D Good luck, learn your water craft rather than just turning up and throwing the rods out, sound advice I think!