Medway Mullet Group meeting thursday?

PaddyX21

Just checking if this is going ahead, and if anyones going?

Started to see the first signs of lip marks around the marina, and on the Sun Pier supports, but haven't physically seen any fish yet.

Talking to a friend (down the pub obviously, lol!) there are a few fish around at Gillingham Pier, and even someone fishing for them, but nothing doing as of yet.

Water temp today 7.2°C at high water, but around 8°C when first coming in over the mud flats. If it was a sunny day I think we could already be seing 10°C with the heat the mud soaks up.

Cheers

P

You know how mad those mullet mullers are, well they was discussing the date of the next meeting in the for sale section, wern't your fault Paddy. :)

QUOTE (barry luxton @ Feb 18 2009, 03:53 AM)

Err is that the 5th March, don't want to turn up a day late and find meself talking to meself.

Barry

Yes you are right it is the 5th see you then, I have pm'd five bellies to see if he can make it as well

End quote:

snigger.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Medway Mullet Group informal gathering this Thursday 8:00pm in the bar at:

King George V public House

1 Prospect Row

Gillingham

Kent ME7 5AL

(Members (no fees, no applications, just come along) fish and talk about every kind of fishing imaginable, so don't worry if you are not into mullet - get together 1st Thursday of each month. The beer is good and reasonably priced too!)

I'll be there :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I will be there Thursday I am also there tonight but that is another issue

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Hi Guys

I'll be there about 8'ish, I'm not sure if Christian is coming, I have emailed him but no reply.

Bit early for lip marks, but you never know, I had my first of the year in March a couple of years ago. Given the very cold conditions a couple of weeks ago it could take a bit longer until they return. Remember they are experencing the sea temp and won't know the estuary temp until they arrive!

That being said, the water over the mud flats can heat up over a few days if you get low tides at midday to early afternoon coupled with strong sun shine. It only takes a frost or two coupled with lowtides during the early hours to undo all the good work!

See you this evening.

PS: Has Leon told you what a jammy sod he is ( National Mullet Club AGM raffle !!! ) :D

Edited by Andrew Boyd

Andrew Boyd

there are a few fish around at Gillingham Pier,

I haven't seen any so far this year. There is plenty of the brown slime they like on the mud. but no lip marks as yet.

Very nice to meet some guys in the real instead of on the internet, good to meet Alf and Paddy in the flesh, hi Leon and co, sorry me and Tony U were a bit busy tonight we wasn't really ignoring you but the call of the common skate was too much of an oportunity to over look. When did you say you was going to book the flight Tony. Forgot already, must have been too many largers.

Thanks guys. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry

Next week I'll be in touch

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Great to meet you guys, some good conversation in a nice little pub.

I look forward to next time!

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!