Baits for bigger Carp?

Gaffer

I seem to recall that the attractor called Sting sold by, sorry about this (Nash), when field tested seemed to attract bigger carp especially commons. Now, the thing is is that just good PR for the attractor or does it it indeed work in such away.

That is all I have I am afraid Gaffer, sorry I could not be of more help on this.

Hi Crazycarpangler, welcome to AnglersNet, how are you?

Still catching those Italian whackers?

Phonebush, what I mean by flavours are the liquid flavours such as Scopex, Monster Crab, Strawberry. And for additives such as Multimino, Nutramino, etc.

Specimen fishing in the US is much different than in the UK. We are nearly always trying to catch a virgin fish.

My specimen carp, defined as fish over 30lbs, are almost always caught on natural bait. I have the highest degree of success on baits containing no additives or flavorings. Crayfish (allowed in the US), lead the way where predatory fish are not a nuisance. Second is probably mussel, both spoiled and fresh followed by shrimp neatly tucked into a snail shell and nightcrawlers. Bait motion has greatly enhanced my numbers of specimen. I have been using Alka-Seltzer with nightcrawlers (lobworms), dead crayfish, and mussel or shrimp. I use an orthodontic (sp) rubberband and about ½ a tablet piggybacked onto the bait. Other additives that have helped are vinigar and several of the amino acids.

Phone

This is not the best combination for numbers but works for specimen.