LEADCORE

crafty

EVENING EVERYONE I COULD DO WITH A BIT OF FEEDBACK ON LEAD CORE. MY TARGET WATER IS A 4 ACRE LAKE WITH AVERAGE DEPTHS OF 2FT UP TO 7/8 FT THERE ARE NO WEED BEDS THERE ARE SOME FAVERABLE SUB SURFACE SPOTS SAND/GRAVEL ETC. IVE JUST STARTED USING L/CORE AGAISNT N***H NO SPOOK TUBIN UP UNTIL RECENTLY I NEVER BOTHERD USIN TUBE B4 BUT SINCE USIN L/CORE ON THE SAID WATER IN THE LAST 4 SESSIONS IVE BEEN FORTUNATE IN CATCHING 7 CARP TO 16.10OZ 5 CAME 2 LEAD CORE AND 2 CAME FROM MY USEUAL NO TUBE SET UP! I CANT GET A BLEEP ON THE SO CALLED NO SPOOK PLEASE HELP!!!!! TIGHT LINES CRAFTY....

I THINK YOU HAVE MISUNDRSTOOD MY QUSTION WHY IS IT I CAN GET RUNS ON LEAD CORE AND NOT ON THE NO SPOOK IS IT ITS TEXTURE/SMELL BECAUSE IT SEEMS 2 ME THAT IT REPELES CARP RATHER THAN NOT SPOOK EM crafty....

Please turn off your Caps lock, using caps all the time is deemed as shouting.

OK, maybe it is just a case of the carp in the said water have been caught a lot in the past whilst lengths of plastic tubing have been incorporated into the rig. They now deem the smell or sight of it as a danger signal.

It could be that the tubing is up of the bottom, and not laying flat as the leadcore does. Try a piece of lead putty around the back end of the tubing to make it sink. Thing is, if the leadcore is outfishing the tubing, then stick with the leadcore and do not worry about the tubing.

thanks 4 your answer chris i will bare it in mind about the tube rising off bottem aproblem shared is a problem solved.oh by the way sorry for SHOUTING.im new to surfin the net .last time i used a p.c. it was calculater or was it a abacus!who knows....tight lines crafty. may your next run B.A.P.B.

Hi all, I can't remember where I read it, but I do remember a big name using two different makes of tubing side by side, and one never ever produced a take, no matter what he did.

His theory was that the tubing must have been tainted with something in manufacturing.

Appart from that I'd aggree with Chris in that it's prbably down to presentation.