Fox Easidome Help Required

Bill Dingley

Hi all.

I have purchased a second hand fox easidome X 2 man bivvy. I have practised putting it up and taking it down a couple of times just to get used to it and found it quite easy and fast to do.

However, I then hit a snag. How the hell do you get the damned thing back into its carrying bag?

I have tried every way I can think of and being 6' 2" in height and weighing 19st do not lack strength but try as I might I can't get it all back in. Does anyone know the correct way to do it? A sketch would be much appreciated. Please help if you can, I am going carping for a week on Thursday.

Thanks in anticipation

Cheers all Bill

Patience.

That's all! Took me fricken ages on my first attempt and now only takes a few moments. Just be patient with it and ensure everything is sitting flat, or you will bend the poles. Put one end in first and slowly ease the other end in, pole by pole if necessary. It is a squeeze, but as I said, with practice it gets easier.

Cheers

Chris

Yes - patience!

The thing to make sure of is when you release all the joints is that the jojnts are not twisted. Then as you lay it flat out on the ground and gather all the sections together from the central boss, make sure that the material is not caught in any way, and you should not then have any probs!

* I have had the one-man for two years, and I'm assuming the procedure for putting up and down is the same???!!!

Further to the above, I just hook the end of the bag over the boss end as it is gathered together, uease it in the bag a bit, spin it over, straddle it (Oooer!) holding it together with my legs, and feed the rest in the bag, I can get pegs, sleeping bag and pillow into the bag as well so not too much of a sqeeze!

Sounds awful, but its really very simple!

[ 12. February 2003, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: mpbdsnu ]

Many thanks for the advice fellas and I'm pleased to say that I have now got it all in (as the bishop said to the actress). But pillows as well? The mind boggles. Anyway I am now off for a seven day session and if I am not frozen stiff should be able to pack the bivvy away when I finish. Thanks again to you both.

Cheers

Bill