Line Clips

baker

Hello all, just a quick one, What's the best way to use line clips? I understand that some anglers like to fish locked up, especially when fishing in weed beds so that when they get a take they're straight in control of the fish, but other than that what use are they really?

Line clips and clipping up were common in the late 80's.They were used for a number of reasons.The only situation they are realy relevant in todays angling is if you are fishing with an ultra tight set up.The clip is placed on the rod in front of the reel.The indicator is tight to the rod.The line is then tightened as much as possible to the lead.The line is then placed in the clip.This stops the reel backwinding (if you are "churning") or more commonly these days the baitrunner having to be tightened more than you want it to be.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!