line

nathan

hello........

this is how i do it 8lb line and a tapered leader say 3olb down to 15lb or just use braid itsmuch better and it lasts longer!

steve fulling

"keep watching the water"

As Steve says you'll need a leader. I use 10lb mono and 25lb leader. Thinner mono will get you further but wears out quicker. Braid is another option but you don't need it, and it comes with it's own set of problems.

Rob.

I use a knot that I learned whilst sea fishing. I couldn't possibly describe it I'm afraid although it is pretty simple to tie.

I don't know for sure but I would be suprised if it isn't covered in detail in one of gaffers articles so I suggest you have a look through them. A cleverer man than me would do the search and put the link in here

Rob.

My spod rod is backed with 16lb Top Line (only 0.30mm) and a shock leader of about 12foot – this ensures you can reach any distance with any sized spod. For the knot from main to leader I use a six turn grinner knot.

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!