FRESH FISH

Fresh Fish

Hello Everyone,

I have lived in pagham my whole life, I have finally decided to get fishing, I am going to be getting reasonable beginners gear both for spinning in the harbour and some beach fishing,

Any advice on marks, rigs and bait would be greatly appreciated, I am a complete novice, green around the gills.

I normally do two or three charter boat trips in the summer months, but use the tackle provided, I want to focus on enjoying our local beaches and harbours, I recently took my wife to the harbour after not going since i was a boy, how sorry i was when i realised how great it was down there. And what i had been missing out on

Just a quick intro guys, look forward to hearing from anyone,

Cheers

Fresh Fish

Be Happy!

PS: I love eating mackeral, whats the best way to get them of the beach, I read the post about not handling ones that i dont intend to keep, I am keen to be eco friendly.

Be Happy!

Hi Fresh Fish

Your PM address doesn't work. Have you registered with the forum?

I'm pleased to offer what I know about Pagham.

Yep, that's Pagham alright ....

pag3.jpg

I'm also involved with Pagham Yacht Club on a fishing course they want for their youngsters;

I've already done a Friday night talk there to a group of youngsters and interested older anglers.

I used to live in Nyetimber, but now am on the seafront at Hayling Island.

If you'd like the Sea Angler/TSF articles I've written about the Pagham/Selsey venues, I'm only too pleased to send you.

I think the Selsey one is here (minus most of the pics) ...

http://www.total-fishing.co.uk/Fisheries.a...a&ID=selsey

Kind regards

Ada

Hello Everyone,

I have lived in pagham my whole life, I have finally decided to get fishing, I am going to be getting reasonable beginners gear both for spinning in the harbour and some beach fishing,

Any advice on marks, rigs and bait would be greatly appreciated, I am a complete novice, green around the gills.

I normally do two or three charter boat trips in the summer months, but use the tackle provided, I want to focus on enjoying our local beaches and harbours, I recently took my wife to the harbour after not going since i was a boy, how sorry i was when i realised how great it was down there. And what i had been missing out on

Just a quick intro guys, look forward to hearing from anyone,

Cheers

Fresh Fish

Get out there Lad.

Look, listen and learn.

Get your wife interested.

Most anglers are only too happy to impart knowledge.

Lets have a few photos with posts on here about your learning curve ( sorry rod curve) :lol:

Good Luck

Thanks for the replies, I have no PM at the moment because I am a very new member, thanks for the offer on the article, I am very interested, nice looking Bream, cant believe its off Pagham, how do i get my email address to you,

I am in nyetimber, a stones throw from the harbour and beach, have been since ii was 3. i am keen to get some pointers, will get in touch with the yatch club to find out more,

Thanks.

Will post pic of my learning curve.

Be Happy!

I am in nyetimber

Before moving to Hayling, I was at 6 Nyetimber Close!

Went to school at the old Bognor Regis Grammar (now part of the Community School).

Try and PM me for my email.

Ada

Edited by H.A.

Great, thats round the corner from me, I am in gloster drive.

I cant seem to PM, maybe it is because i am a new member and i am restricted, I look a bit harder.

Cheers

Be Happy!

15 posts before PM becomes active.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

..... 15 posts before PM becomes active.

So that includes you then, Newd?

How are your Blues doing? I guess there's a wait, which is when you turn 'moody', eh?

Actually there are two separate runs of bluefish.

The first comes from the Delaware and Chesapeake Bay in late October to mid-November. The second comes a little later as northern bluefish (slightly bigger than their Chesapeake cousins) move down the coast from their New England summer.

When conditions are right, these fish will chase anything and everything in their path up onto the beach leaving thousands of their prey stranded on the sand.

They will churn the water red with their feeding frenzy.

Aren't they naughty compared to coddies and Ytings?

B)

Edited by H.A.

I hope you read my post on my first experience, it was funny. and produced 0 fish,

Ada, you mentioned pagham yatch club, how do i get involved in the fishing club, I am definatly up for some pointers.

thanks for the help so far, the selsey article was great, will head over there soon, I have friends there.

Cheers

Be Happy!