Following The Wind

MORT

Soon March will be upon us and the temperatures will start to rise (hopefully)What is your opinion on what time of year to start to follow the wind ie on gravel pits. obviously a warm s-s/w in winter is a good wind but is a rarity. DO you guys and gals follow all winds even if there is no sign of carp to begin with.

I will happily follow the wind even in the winter I have frozen in the teeth of bitterly cold NE gales and caught carp that should not (according to the articles you read) have been there. One trip was so cold that when I had a run the ice was breaking off the line as it ran through the rod rings - that produced an 18lb common 5 yards out in 6ft of water with air temps down to -4C at night and a water temp of 40F.

Other factors do come into play - namely angling pressure, but if a wind is blowing and it's a relatively angler free bank, then I'll fish it - whatever the weather.

SEA FISHING THE SOUTH WEST

www.seaswest.org.uk

For some good thoughts on carp fishing in general, you could also try here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/carp01.htm

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I always go on the rule that if its a fresh wind ie 2 or 3 days fish into it in summer but after that i find that it really doesn't make that much difference

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"