evolution bivvy question

Common 40

Hi all, Having a few probs with a new evo bivvy. It goes up ok allthough the whole thing is mega tight but, Is there a technique to taking it apart. It is extremely tight and I have allready split one ally pole, ( fox kindly replaced) I have read the instructions but cant seem to get the knack of taking the poles out of the blocks? Any tips appreciated...thanks Kev..

• 1 month later...

HI common

Rabster passed this question on to me as i have had an evo for about 7 year now and its still as new as the day i unwrapped it like a kid at xmas.

time sorts it out mainly but try taking the 2 front arms out first then the removable centre arm this seams to release most of the tension then the side come out quite easy.

sometimes i still stand scratching my head with them blocks too many holes!!! Do u use the winter skin as well???

[ 03. March 2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: dazler ]

Thanks for that dazzler, No I don't have a winter skin yet. The front arms are the prob mega tight! I have followed the instruction and roll the blocks upwards, but it seems you need wrists like Hulk Hogan....Split a front rod on the first attempt, but Fox gladly replaced, I thought about bending the rods slightly, as it seems they are a fraction too long for the job...Unless they ease with time?

I had this problem for a while and even resorted to using a pair of pliers in an attempt to remove the rear poles from the block. I stood on the blocks to pull, ripping the material in the process. I even tried rubbing the ends of the poles with emery paper, which I can now see actually makes things worse. Once or twice, I even had to wedge the bloody thing into my car with a couple of poles still attached.

In the end, someone showed me the simple way to do it. The trick is simply to apply downward pressure onto the block at the same time as you pull. The two front poles come out first, followed by the two rear ones. The side ones are next, again, with downward pressure on the block. When the first one is out, the other one almost drops out.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Peter Sharpe:

I had this problem for a while and even resorted to using a pair of pliers in an attempt to remove the rear poles from the block. I stood on the blocks to pull, ripping the material in the process. I even tried rubbing the ends of the poles with emery paper, which I can now see actually makes things worse. Once or twice, I even had to wedge the bloody thing into my car with a couple of poles still attached.

lol :D:D tell me about it, I have got it now off to a tee, and yes you are totally right its the knack of rolling the blocks downwards..2 mins and up now, and then 1 min down (sounds like my sex life) :D