Sending items to France

The Gardon Hunter

Hello

We've been in France for a few years now and we have found that buying their fishing products is so expensive - and they're not always the best quality. We're looking for someone in the UK (company or private individual) that could send us items from time to time at a fair postage rate - not the inflated prices you see on some sites. At the moment all we want is some PVA products, a few hooks, some Klin-ik solution and other bits and bobs but have been quoted a postage cost that could get us half way to the moon. Any ideas folks please.

I'm due to fish Lac serenity in Normandy at the end of April if it's of any help I can bring some bits over with me

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Alan,

Thanks for your kind offer but we're in the Deux Sevres area which is quite a way from Normandy. Enjoy your fishing when you come over. I'm sure you'll catch some big ones. My PB at the moment from our own lake is 21lb but I suppose that's a tiddler compared to what you've been catching. We do have bigger ones in the lake but I've yet to catch one. If you're ever down as far as this, you're more than welcome to come and fish at our lake which is a small private 5 acre piece of water. My biggest problem is that I fish in the style of Chris Yates - no buzzers, dingers, dongers, rattles or the like. I just wait for the fish to come along in its own time. Still, it's excellent fun and as we've stocked it with over two ton of carp and tench, we know they're in there somewhere. Best regards Stuart

Many thanks for your very kind offer I may well at some point take you up on it.

Have just had a look at where you are ..................Hmm lets see 1200cc Bandit ....overnight Portsmouth to St Malo.........Lovely french roads...........brisk ride.........Deep Joy!!!!!!!!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Postage is quite expensive to France though.When I send T Bags and biscuits to Luke the postage often costs more than the box of stuff cost!

Strange really as its quite cheap for most other places in Europe that I send reels to.Mind you I know what you mean about some Internet sellers they seem to be making more out of the P&P than the item!

Have you a Decathalon or even better a Pacific Peche near you?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Thank you Budgie.

We have both Decathalon and Pacific Peche in the area (Niort) but they are more than 60 miles away from us. Any time we will be going in that direction, we'll certainly give them a look over.

For some unknown reason, the French have a reputation for a bad postal service but we can only say we think they are one of the best we have come across. We regularly send letters and parcels to the UK and people have mentioned it takes longer to send something from the north to the south of England than it does from France to England.

You're right in what you say about some sellers making more out of P&P than the item. Mind you, we recently had 100 DVDs (which as you can appreciate weigh quite a lot) delivered at a cost of under £5 and in 24 hours. We thought it was a mistake at the time but his delivery costs are free to the UK and incredibly low costs to elsewhere in the world.

Then yesterday we ordered some gardening items from eBay in the UK and P&P was charged on the first item only. The other 3 were free. Yet earlier in the day, someone wanted £15 to send something that we know would have cost under £4. The things that grates really is that when we were in the UK we ran a small mail order business and sent to wherever in the world our customers came from, charging actual postage cost and no more. We know people really appreciated it and I'm sure it increased our business. Still, that was then, and this is now and I'm sure we'll get there in the end.

Thanks again Budgie.

GH I was hoping that you had either (especially a Pacific Peche) on your doorstep as means of a mutually benifiting exchange! Cant be helped though! I will still offer to post anything you need to you though as I know how frustrating it can be having lived there for a while my self!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!