River venues for cats and carp in chelmsford

Sam Jones

hello matey !!

you might struggle to find catfish in UK rivers :( for cat fishing in rivers its a trip abroad unfortunately :( baits, well for future reference you cannot beat live baits !! alternatively big bunchs of worms, fish sections, fishy boilies with lots of high leakage pellets. theres only really a few waters around the country that stock big cats, Yateley Split lake, Boat pool, Wintons, Shatterford, probably quite a few more scattered round the country :D your best bet would be to speak to your local tackle shop, they will point you in the right direction, alternatively the catfish conservation cgroup :D

Happy hunting matey !!

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

Hi is a dificualt 1 i know of 2 lakes with cats in the first is jimmys lake in corringham hes a great bloke after all he built the lake in his back garden and it aint small about 4 acres the cats go to about 40lbs bait wise nrg boillies work quite well as do hallibet pettets d big ones there is secure parking toilets and washing facilities and you can even order a takeaway 2 the house tickets must be booked in advance contact jim on 01375670742

the second is the by now infamous oak lodge fishery in rayleigh contains cats up to 50lbs+ if you belive the owner is a small lake about 2 acres was once home 2 goliath a 100lb+ cat which was rejected as a new cat record a few years back

There is also Slough House lake, at Bulphan, lots of cats in there, going up to 40lb I'm told, but my best is 18lb, but it is day fishing only, gate opens at 7:30

This lake is very popular though, and gets very busy, especially at the weekend. Tickets are sold on the bank.

As for River carp, I'm told that both the blackwater, and the chelmer and blackwater canal contain them, but I've only ever fished these for chub. I did once spot a group of carp in the Maldon AS section of the blackwater though.

Not aware of any day tickets on the blackwater, most of it is club controlled, I believe day tickets are availible on the C&B Canal, a google search might turn up more info!

Mat