What venue?

Les

Planning a weekend session soon but torn between 2 venues :(

Linear or Linch Hill, both meant to be great venues but I heard that Linear gets VERY busy and I dont fancy spending too much time looking for a peg thats not too crowded. If anyone has fished either or both, what would you say was the better?

Hi Les, I haven't fished either for over a year, but even back then, both venues got very busy. Personally I wouldn't fish either at a weekend, but then the weather is getting a bit cooler so it may put a few off.

Linch Hill has Stoneacres (45 acres ish) and Christchurch (9 acres ish), which can be fished on a day ticket. Christchurch is very busy at weekends, but provided you can get there early Friday (midday ish) you'll get a pretty good peg. There's always space on Stoneacres, but you have to remember that it has the same stocking density at Christchurch, yet five times the size.

Linear has plenty to choose from, I hear The Manor is fairly quiet at the moment with most people choosing to fish Hardwick and St Johns. Both of which have a fair few 30's now.

With Linear and Linch Hill being only a couple of miles apart I'd leave myself plenty of time to have a mooch around each venue even though that's not what you want to do. BTW, take plenty of change for the ticket machine at Linear.

Not much help woz I! :rolleyes: