freezer baits

in-line

hey guys

just a quick question thats had me stumped for a lil while now

ive recently made the change from shelf-life baits to freezer bait and i have to say im very happy with the change. ive used many of the brands on the market as well as my local tackle shop ones.

although they hav caught me many fish im still not sure bout the way th baits thaw out.

once i remove them from the freezer, the smell is fine but after a couple of hours they smell like they hav gone off !

the pinapple ones smell disgusting and the cell have a weirdly nice smell, but its not the original smell.

ive tried thawing them out on towels aswell as air drying some

but still a few hours down the line and the baits stink.

are they still ok for the fish?

are they goin to affect the catch rate, or become less attractive to the fish?

how do i stop this happening?

the only thing that i can think of is when i take them on a 24-36 hours session they are left in a shady spot. is this good enough? or are they just going off nd i make the problem worse by re-freezing them?

any help would be much appreicated

thanks

in-line