alarms

deanjones

ive found with most gear in fishing you get what you pay for (with the exception of the fox m's and kamasan B175's) so i would say go for the most expensive ones you can afford. its like with end tackle i will always bye solar or kryston products over nash products cause i know they are better.

Actually i dont buy nash full stop cause i think its crap but you know what i mean

catcherofcarps:

.......its like with end tackle i will always bye solar or kryston products over nash products cause i know they are better.

Actually i dont buy nash full stop cause i think its crap but you know what i mean

:D

You won't go far wrong with the low end fox ones or the new nash ones. Neither are stacked full of features but that's why they're cheap.

As for nash being crap, some of his gear has certainly had that reputation. But don't for one minute think that Nash, solar etc gear are made by different people because a lot of the smaller bits is made by the same company - Gaffer's mate

Slightly off topic but have you seen the new Nash 'hangers' - a lot cheaper than others and I heard some interesting comments about the legal wranglings/patents situation <which I can't publish unfortunately>.

Rob.

I am using Nash Pursuit Horizon rods 3lb TC, A Nash power pod, and nash hangers, I find the rods ok for long range fishing and not to bad under the rod tip either, the pod is very sturdy but a bit on the heavy side, the hangers do the job.

I'm happy with the set up, but it dont take much to make me happy. :D:D

Catch you later.

they may be god rods to use but if you into a tackle shop and ask to see every single nash rod they have you will find at least one fault with teach one where there is no quality control. the build quality is horrendous. not what you expect when paying that much for a rod.

The first three rods I looked at I checked from tip to butt, no faults on any of them.

As for the price forget the R.R.P not many anglers pay it, I got the rods for £120 each instead of the £179 R.R.P. my local tackle shop is a o.k. :D