good deal or not?with pic

chrispy

hi peeps,i am about to order this setup and would like to know if i am getting a good deal or not.i have been useing my float rods for carping but have had a few probs with breakages so i thought this setup would do me for now. 3 x TFG Intruder 12' 2 1⁄2 lb £159.98

3 x Okuma Interceptor BF50 £99.98

3 x Berkley Big Game Mono 12lb £29.98

Ron Thompson Rod Pod £29.99

3 x Ron Thompson Bite Alarm £44.97

Ron Thompson Sounder Box £18.00

Total Outfit RRP £527.87 - Our Price £279.99 - Save £247.88

241776.jpg

firstly - no need for three rods, better of buying two better setups. Secondly there are some great deals out there on secondhand kit. (A mate picked up two harrison ballistas and two tournaments for £210!!!)

For a complete setup at a similar price I would buy -

2 emblem s 5000t's (Under £50 on the net),

2 Daiwa Whiskers 12ft 21/2(around £60 each on the net),

2 jrc stainless 12" banksticks with 2 buzzer bars (£34 for the lot, pods are uneccessary and extra to carry)

2 fox micron m's - (£20 each, simple but reliable and do the job) & 2 john roberts butt grips (£3-4)

1 spool big game 12lb green - shop about you can find it for £10 a bulk spool.

all quality stuff more then capable of lasting years (other then the line obviously ) and landing any carp in the country!!!

you'll obviously also need hangers, unhooking mat, net (jrc do this lot quite cheap).

in short yes that is a good deal, secondly get if you think you need to.

on some waters 3 rods is not enough.

when do you intend replacing/upgrading your kit, cos the re-sale on that stuff is pretty crap.

or to really upset you, forget that lot and go for

3 Warriors £50 each

3 Okuma Dynadrag 50's £20 each

3 Fox M's £20-£22 each

2 Bank sticks + goal posts £30 max

3 Fox but grips £2 each

3 Fox Micro swingers £7.99 each

1 Mat from £8-silly money

1 Spool Fox Soft Steel 12lb £12-£15

there you go sorted :)

hope this helps

[ 19. February 2004, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Ziffy ]

I would go for Ziffy's choice.

I have a fox warrior and for 50 quid it is the plums.

I also use a nash outlaw pod, fox micron alarms, fox micro swingers, esp line, a cheap but fair size mat, leeda carp landing net and varios but rests to fit whatever rod is on the pod.

My other rod is a daiwa strickforce that I got free years ago.

I only use shimano reels and for carping have a 4500 baitrunner (one of the original baitrunners) and a 6000gte.

My gear is basic and I catch enough carp to keep me happy.

If I had a third rod I would have it set up with a surface rig (controller etc) or a rig ready to cast after reeling in one of the other rigs or for using a marker float set up.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

thanks for the info guys but i orderd that setup and i have had a few carp in the last few days, largest being a 15lb mirror and i got to say i am well happy with the tfg intruders.infact happy with the whole lot,mind you,they forgot to send my pod but that should come tomorrow.

all the best

chrispy

well these are my first carp rods i have ever owned so i cant really give you loads of info,but

the action on them is fantastic,you could bring anything in on them.as for feeling out the bottom you can feel every bump lump hole you can think of.the best thing i like about the intruder is the casting capacity.as i have only carp fished with float rods before,i havent been able to get any distance but with these babies you can realy chuck em out,pva bags and all.reminds me of my beach casters for casting although they all made a nasty cracking sound on their fist cast but have been fine sinse,i guess they just needed breaking in. hope this helps ya sorry if it dont,still a bit of a novice when it comes to carp fishing.

all the best

chris

[ 03. March 2004, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: chrispy ]