how to catch a 20

andyboy

There's no magic answer, if you are catching carp then you will catch a 20 - assuming the water(s) you fish has them in to that size. The more carp there are over that weight then in theory the less time you might have to wait.

All I can say is just enjoy the fish you catch and don't worry about target weights. It will come to you, you may just have to be patient.

Rob.

Set your target higher, go fish for a forty or two, you'll soon get your twenty.

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

RobStubbs:

RobStubbs:

Set your target higher, go fish for a forty or two, you'll soon get your twenty.

Not if they ain't in the water you fish you won't. Ditto, 30's or 40's.

Rob.

If they're not in the water, you're not fishing for them are you?

quote:

anyway if there was a rig you had total confidance in what would it be

Mainline straight through to a knotless knotted size eight with a lobworm, not a fish swimming will say no on the right day.

Go find the fish, don't wait and hope they find you.

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

I spent an age myself in pursuit of the elusive 20 and then learnt one lesson in Carping that has been catching me them since.

Quite simply move onto the fish. It sounds daft but I spent years just sitting in my chosen swim watching Carp topping in other parts of the lake and waiting for them to move onto my baits.

The one major stopper to this is that day ticket waters often don't give you this option due to Grumpy owners or the places just being too full to move in which case I just do as much homework as I can before I go to a venue to find out pegs that have been producing good catches.