Pollack fishing - MOG

Snatcher

Got a bell off Dan to see if I fancied a few hours fishing the Logan side the next day,stupid question really!!! I suggested a mark to the north of Logan to Dan and by the time I arrived next day he was already there and fishing.

It was about 2 hours before hw so I tried floatfished limpet first for the wrasse.The bait came back most times with the telltale wrasse bites out of it but could not connect! Eventually hooked up and true to form it was a pollack

1-94.jpg

Dan elected to bottom fish sandeel(I think) and this was his first fish

2-78.jpg

The fishing was very slow but what a cracking day we had picked for it

3-65.jpg

5-58.jpg

Dan was in again with a wrasse

4-59.jpg

Tried all types of lures/spinners after this but the fish were just not showing any interest.We called it a day and headed back to the cars.On the way back I managed to get a jolt of an electric cattle fence (Cheers Guy - SPARKY indeed)

I headed back to the van and Dan said he fancied carrying on to fish the Yelow Isle on the way home.Do not know how he came on?

Dan had donated a few spare rag to me so next morning had an hour at Terrally at hw.Fished the coalshed and never got a knock

6-55.jpg

Oh well,there is always next time.On a sour note found 5 of these fellows chucked above the high water mark.

7-49.jpg

Come on lads play the game.I thought this type of moronic behavour had been stamped out :angry:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy