Yay Death Rig

Andy_1984

lure fishing the canal just a little while ago with a abu jointed terminator and got a run, a short run. it got away and left with a little gift attached to the lure

see the attached file of what the pike left me with........ ive still got the smell of death on my fingers from the deadbait that was still attached

post-7003-1240753014_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

That's what ignorance will do mate. People making up rigs like that often have no idea what it'll do should it break off. They wouldn't give a thought to doing a bit of research on the net before pike fishing.

Looks like the pike had a lucky break leaving that lot with you though!

The older I get, the faster I was!

That's cool man. I'm going to try that rig next time I go pike fishing. What break of line should I use? I was thinking 20 year old 6lb mono that came free with a starter reel from Woolies.

:angry:

....Andy....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

That's cool man. I'm going to try that rig next time I go pike fishing. What break of line should I use? I was thinking 20 year old 6lb mono that came free with a starter reel from Woolies.

:angry:

....Andy....

it seems to work mate, all the noddies ive seen recently have been pulling out noticbly low double figure pike whilst i cant buy a bite........

as for bs of line 6lb is way overkill we should try some 4lb sensor my great great granda had, mind you all i have left are little bits so we might need to tie bits together and free line as if we cast with those so called pike reels we used to use we will loose our rig and line.

ive heard alot about alchohol aswel, aparently it makes you more atuned to bite indication so no more need for dinsmore bank sticks and rear droppers or even alarms. think of the weight we wouldnt need to carry anymore

almost forgot. ive got a shed load of old rusty trebles... well..... not realy trebles anymore as a few of them are missing a hook. money saved mate.

so when we going fishing next ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

so when we going fishing next ?

.....as soon as my set lines provide us with some deadbaits. If that doesn't work, we can try sweetcorn on a spinner under a float. We should take an air-gun mind you. The swans keep crossing my lines. They make up for it in taste though.

...Andy...

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

lure fishing the canal just a little while ago with a abu jointed terminator and got a run, a short run. it got away and left with a little gift attached to the lure

see the attached file of what the pike left me with........ ive still got the smell of death on my fingers from the deadbait that was still attached

Interesting pics,but how did the rig end up on your windscreen?were you trolling your lure whilst driving??if so,lucky you for having such a wide canal bank. ;) On a more serious note,terrible choice of set-up,shame on em